CLICK ON PICTURES IN THE RIGHT-HAND MARGIN TO VISIT SOME PRETTY COOL PREVIOUS POSTS~!

Monday, November 22, 2010

INFAMOUS STORIES~ 1986 COMIC BOOK COLLABORATION~ SPACE ! by JAMIE WILSON~ THE DEVIL & MATT CRENSHAW by ERIK HILTNER (VICTOR McCREA)~ COMPLETE~!

Two Young Punks busted this out
in their spare time (with help from
our moral support Editor Brian Wenny)
back in 1986. A full-length comic book !
This was right around the time that
Independent Publishers were making
some waves & Specialty Comic-Book
Shops were popping up all over...

Tomorrow, more of The Devil
& Matt Crenshaw (an origin) !






















Of course, it wouldn't be complete
without a short Comedy back-up
story. Erik did page #1, I did page
#2. I would love to go back in time
and listen to our discussions over
the basic plot concept etc. !




And the back cover is a rejected
page one splash that I now prefer
over the one used. I think I changed
it to make it more 'Dynamic' ;~j



7 comments:

  1. Them two young punks was hard workin sum-bitches. Raw ambition...ain't it tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too cool. I love the writeup at the beginning too. This is definitely standout material, especially for teenagers. The little details are great too, like Dr Dork on the tv. I liked seeing THE WHO in the car wreckage too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeffy: (S-L-L-L-L-U-U-U-U-R-R-P !)

    kw: Yeah, my Brother brainwashed me with the Who, Kinks, Pretenders, B-52s, etc. That was a good time for a young impressionable mind !

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Who and the Kinks are my 2 favorites. Your brother was right to do this to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jamie, I love the lettering on the SPACE pages. Did you use some store-bought scratch-and-paste type letters? Boy, your writing is pretty poetic!!! It was like reading it for the first time! Using the word HARD-DRIVE was pretty cutting edge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erik: When I scanned this last year I also found my original script and just stream-lined it, using a font via Picasa software. Great that you picked up on the modern lingo ! I wondered if anyone would !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job, Jamie!! The new stuff fits in pretty seamlessly, that's for sure. It just looked and sounded a tad bit different than my memory of it. I have a very special corner of my heart reserved for your SPACE comic. It blew me away back when we were in high school. It was then that I realized what a superior, natural gift you had for illustration/layout. It always cracked me up how you spelled "whishky"!! I wonder why we never did issue #2. I went off to college in Maryland?

    ReplyDelete