CLICK ON PICTURES IN THE RIGHT-HAND MARGIN TO VISIT SOME PRETTY COOL PREVIOUS POSTS~!

Sunday, September 12, 2010

SEGUE SUNDAY~ THE ORIGIN OF DR. DORK~!

Dr. Dork began as a series of mindless
cartoons added to the 'doodle space'
on Pop Quiz worksheets, as follows:








From these humble beginnings, the character
evolved, and became embraced by my best
friend Erik McCrea, (see previous posts) who
added more depth to Dr. Dork's shenanigans
with his own series of splinter strips.

Together, Erik & I challenged each other
both artistically & humoristically to try
to 'out-do' one another with the next
gag or abstract concept.

For the next month, we will explore
these comical exercises in sequence,
from both Artist's unfolding perspective.

Good Day~!

4 comments:

  1. So many hidden treasures in the high school archives.

    BRING ON DR. DORK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I love a good origin story! Man, does the look of those mimeographs take me back. I can just smell that mimeograph smell just looking at those worksheets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unca Jeffy: Thankfully the ephemera remains~ cause the brain cell archives are all fried.

    Mykal: Ammonia~! The sweet aroma of Drafting Class as well ;~j

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to it! I wonder if Dr. Dork saw that fish who wore hair and was inspired to comb his that way.

    ReplyDelete