CLICK ON PICTURES IN THE RIGHT-HAND MARGIN TO VISIT SOME PRETTY COOL PREVIOUS POSTS~!

Monday, September 13, 2010

DR. DORK~ DAY ONE~!

1st up, Erik Victor McCrea's 1st
official Dr. Dork one pager. Most
of the strips we did were a single
page, with the exception being
a three-part story by Erik, and
a four-part story by me (both
later in the series). Disregard
the 1st two drawings below,
they are my paltry attempts
to draw Dr. Dork in Erik's
style for one side of a two-
sided compilation book...



EVM #1

Next up, my 1st non-doodle full
page effort featuring a local kid
who was a well-known stoner...



JRW #1

These early Dr. Dork episodes
are pretty atrocious, I know,
but, I am a completionist...
We will see how quickly the
character evolves and how
much better the art and
humor get...

Tomorrow~!

4 comments:

  1. Those 2 mirrored pages are very cool and fun to think about. I also liked that squashed D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah~ I remember taking great pains to get those mirror image covers just right.

    Was the old me really more clever than the present me~ or just more ambitious ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think when we get old, our ambition gland shrivels up in our brains. But you are writing screenplays now so I guess you aren't done yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a completist for the same reasons. Bring 'em ALL on!

    ReplyDelete