CLICK ON PICTURES IN THE RIGHT-HAND MARGIN TO VISIT SOME PRETTY COOL PREVIOUS POSTS~!

Monday, March 29, 2010

NITE OWL WEEK~ DAY ONE~!

Nite-Owl was a strip I conceived in an attempt
to open my own Late-Night Cheese-Steak &
Fries Delivery Service in a College Town
where I used to live. The idea was to staple
a MENU to each customer's bag, the other
side of which would contain a serialized
weekly segment of the Nite Owl's
original comic strip. Every 100th
customer on any given night
would have their food delivered
by the Nite Owl himself~!
Making delivery loads of
fun and creating a mysterious
persona in the process. 'Oh~
My~ God~! Guess who delivered
my cheese steak last night~!?'
Hopefully, customers would
order at least once a week
to keep up with the Nite Owl's
comic-strip adventures...

Unfortunately, banks will only loan
money to people with some kind of
collateral, something the bank can
take from you if your business
venture fails. I feel sorry for People
who lack imagination, who rely on
what others think in order to form
their 'own' judgments & opinions.
They can't grasp certain concepts,
because they lack clarity of vision.
I think the world might be a better
place if we allowed the lunatics to
run the asylum~!


NITE OWL PIN-UP, CIRCA 1997

1ST EPISODE, PANEL ONE DETAIL

PANEL TWO & THREE DETAIL

PHOTOCOPY ON 8.5 X 11 PAPER, WITH
A FIXED SIMPLE MENU ON OTHER SIDE


4 comments:

  1. Dude, this is outrageous!
    Too dang good for a fast-food menu!

    That splash page is awesome!

    You son of a gun!

    "I smell hunger!"
    Do you smell my jealousy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I smell a million dollar idea! DANGIT THEM BANKS! this comic is wonderous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just RE-looked at this. It really is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete