CLICK ON PICTURES IN THE RIGHT-HAND MARGIN TO VISIT SOME PRETTY COOL PREVIOUS POSTS~!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

POTPOURRI OF POETRY COVER ART

Back visiting my Parents for a week~
which means~ time to rummage through
boxes of old comic books & artwork again~!

I love finding something that I have completely
forgotten about. Today, while inspecting the
newly renovated basement~ I came across
something in a bookshelf that I do not
have in my personal stash of Art~

In the mid-80's~ for three consecutive
years~ I was the cover artist for our
High School's annual Poetry Anthology.
Although by no means my best work,
there are fond memories attached
to the process that went behind
illustrating these random images.









4 comments:

  1. It's a tough call, but I think I like the first one best (with the open book in the field). I am perhaps influenced by the fact that I always have such a terrible time drawing an open book so that it looks like, well, and open book and not a a brick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A BRICK would have been more appropriate for representing these heavy-handed, overly pseudo-deep poems & their tormented Authors (who could have used a good brick to the nogg'n).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teenagers can't help themselves ! they are entitled to create bad poetry. I actually really like all three designs. If pressed, I would say the flowery one was my favorite too. However, I do love the Shakespeare !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lydiannacat: I wrote so much bad Poetry I could throw up for a thousand years. I wish there were Bad-Poetry Meetings like AA. I'm still not cured, but recognize that I have a problem. I spared all of us by NOT posting the two poems of mine that saw print in the 1st tome~!

    ReplyDelete