CLICK ON PICTURES IN THE RIGHT-HAND MARGIN TO VISIT SOME PRETTY COOL PREVIOUS POSTS~!

Sunday, May 1, 2011

HATMAN & HOPI~ CONTEST WINNER~!

1st off, let me state that each
submission made me laugh~!
And I was pleasantly surprised
how each of you handled the
characters, and/or the already
existing imagery, to build your
humor to a crescendo~! Some
of the individual panels ring
so true to my original writing
on this strip that if you hit me
on the head with a board and
told me I wrote it I would
believe it without question.

THE RUNNER-UPS, IN NO
PARTICULAR ORDER, ARE:

MICHAEL WURL:


ERIK VICTOR MCCREA:


KEITH SEIFERT:


And the contestant who made me
laugh the loudest (LOL no less)~

JEFF OVERTURF:



And I will tell you why ! I used to
date a Puppeteer (Something Jeff
couldn't possibly know)~ and have
been Bi-Alien Curious since "They"
started abducting me~ AND~ icing
on the cake~ grew up eating Jiffy
Pop and just LOVE the lyrical
sound of that Saturday-Night
movie-time treat ! Proving
once again how subjective
humor is, and how different
things resonate, different
connections within,
determine our
commitment
to LAUGHTER !

Individual panels that made me
crack-up are as follows: Apoco-Wurl's
2nd Panel, the "Mr. Pismo Beach 1943"
bit. KW Monster's 3rd panel~ and~
how Hopi doesn't get ANY diaolog
at all~ and EVM's punchline was
classic~ and stuck most to how
these two characters play off
of each other's words.

There will be a Hungry Comix
ART contest mid-summer and
everyone who enters will receive
a prize package. Unca Jeffy~
bust me out your address
inna email and I'll ship
your thought-provoking
Pin-Up of Hatman & Hopi
asap~ via Monday Morning
Pony Expresso~!

And thanx to (all 4 of you)
who entered and make me
laugh on a weekly basis if
not daily~!

;~j

11 comments:

  1. AWWWWWW, thanks Lysdexicuss, I'm honored. All the entries had the kind of chuckles in 'em that sneak up on ya and hit on the head!

    This was fun, fer sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. KW's 3rd panel cracks me up the more I read it; so twisted ! Now I know who all my gag writers are if I ever get syndicated and run into writer's block. There are people who actually do this for a living ! Who write gags on 5 x 3 index cards and send them to strip writers. The ones that get used, gets them a slice of the action for that given day ! I suffer from the opposite of writer's block @ the moment... Some form of internal diarrhea !

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these were really funny. Congrats to Jeff! This was a lot of fun. I hope you do more some time in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeffie is the man! Great contest, Lysdexicuss!

    ReplyDelete
  5. KW: Because humor is SOOO subjective, I envision each participant liking DIFFERENT entries... Like, EVM might dig your entry, Apoco-Wurl would laugh harder @ EVM's, etc.

    Mykal: Now if only Unca Jeffy would share his Angels with us !

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Jeffy's Angels" are to me as James Stewart's "Harvey" the giant rabbit. They watch over me because they want to, I have no hold on them, they may drift over to Mykal and Lysdex when their mood changes.

    Luckily, you may have noticed when my cartoons take me to "Ye Olde Drink Hole" to visit them, there are 10's of thousands of them that work there and plenty to go around ;P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh ! Now I get it. It's all becoming much clearerer in my protoplasm... I will have to do a 'Ye Old Drink Hole' episode or something to channel them ! (cause I lost my Jiffy-Pop hat)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jamie! The word you are looking for might be "logorrhea". This contest was loads of fun! I am very thankful that you re-lettered my 2nd panel. I do apologize for the extra trouble!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No trouble Erik ! Although I will say overall there were lots of words per entrant, more-so than a normal 4-panel strip would contain. I struggled with this constantly throughout the H & H series; trying to keep joke/gags short & sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great stuff! 'Twas a pleasure to be involved with you and the other brilliant folks! Very Funny! You inspire us all -- keep it up! Congrat's to da winner!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanx Apoco-Wurl ! Yours was hysterical; especially panels two & three. This Summer there will be a "Draw Your Favorite Chili Gang Member" Contest with different prizes for every entrant !

    ReplyDelete